Sunday, January 23, 2011

I am a dork at heart

Twilight' actress Kristen Stewart, who is considered one of the hottest young stars in Hollywood, insists that she is a 'dork'.

The actress – who appears on this month''s cover of American Vogue – spoke about her rise to stardom, her struggle with fame and her new hobbies.

The 20-year-old admits to being a big golf fan and reveals her friends tease her for watching the Food Network with a stern look of concentration on her face.

"I'm such a dork," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.

One of her new hobbies is cooking for her close circle of friends.

"You build a perimeter of people that are really important to you," she said.

The actress also spoke about her struggle with the down-side of fame.

"There's no way to eloquently put this. I just can't go to the mall. It bothers me that I can't be outside very often. And also to not ever be just 'some girl' again. Just being some chick at some place, that's gone," she said.

But she accepts that it was her choice of career and so doesn't regret.

"I choose things that are so overly ambitious, and if I can't do stuff like that, I don't want to be doing this," she said.

"A compulsion absolutely fills you," she said of finding a good part, and admits that she sometimes has difficulty letting go.

Stewart is currently filming the final two episodes in the Twilight saga and feels the weight of portraying Bella Swan.

She said of her Bella role "a character who is embedded in so many people's psyches at this point. It's starting to enter my head a lot more than it used to because it's at the end and it's come such a long way. I just want the fans of the book to be happy."

"I don't necessarily care about anyone else," Stewart added