Friday, January 21, 2011

I like the way I look

Holly Madison has said that she is happy with her appearance despite being asked to lose weight for Peepshow.

The second season of her E! show Holly's World will see producers of the Las Vegas burlesque production requesting that Madison shed a few pounds.

"My manager told me when I got back from vacation. I'd been at Disney World for a week pigging out, of course," she explained to Kathie Lee & Hoda on NBC's Today Show.

"He said, 'They say you need to lose weight.' I said, 'I'll get healthy but I like the way I look - I'm fine with it.' Other women in the show are very thin or muscular-fit, but that's never been me."

As for whether the request had hurt her feelings, she said: "I felt disgusting having to go on stage right after that. I was like, 'Everybody is looking at me, I must look so fat.' But I don't care, I always thought I looked good."

Madison, who previously starred in Girls Next Door, also shared her thoughts on the jibes made by Ricky Gervais about her ex-boyfriend Hugh Hefner and his new fiancée Crystal Harris at the recent Golden Globe Awards.

"I've heard jokes like that for years and Hef has too," she said. "He's been taking all kinds of hits in the media for over 50 years so he knows how to roll with it, and he's cool with it."

Hefner also responded to the jokes on his official Twitter account this week when one follower questioned if the couple had been offended, saying: "I'm used to cheap shots... It goes with the territory."