Monday, January 17, 2011

Kareena Kapoor launches fitness book

The title of fitness book, penned by lifestyle and fitness expert Rujuta Diwekar, was inspired by actor Saif Ali Khan's remark that Indian women are concerned about their lifestyle improvement rather than a dietary regime.

Kareena has also written a note for readers in Diwekar's book, and also lent her voice for the audio book of the same title.

Speaking on the launch yesterday, Kareena said ''Bollywood is obssessed with carbohydrate-free diet, and that's not what she endorses. For her, carbs are not a dietary taboo and she can indulge herself in her favourite Indian breakfast of rotis or rice with dal, but always in the right proportions.'' The actress had also launched Diwekar's previous fitness book ''Don't Loose Your Mind Loose Your Weight''.

Kareena, who often starts her day with her favourite fruit-a banana- before her morning yoga followed by an Indian breakfast, said ''I don't endorse dieticians, but Rujuta has never stopped me from having anything. I've never heard her say 'No', only 'wait'.'' ''I followed her diet during my 15 days of Christmas holiday in Switzerland, and had cheese and chocolates, and I've never felt better and in shape. I'm glowing and I eat whatever I want to,'' she added.