Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monica Dogra 'said no to Aamir Khan'

Monica Dogra has said that she was initially reluctant to accept a role in Dhobi Ghat as she felt Bollywood was too clichéd.

The singer was asked to audition for the film produced by Aamir Khan and directed by Kiran Rao but refused.

"I wasn't too interested initially in Bollywood. That was my reaction when I was first approached [for Dhobi Ghat]," she told IANS

The singer, who was in London during the first round of auditions, said that she only agreed to a screen test when she was asked a second time.

"The second screen test I gave was with Aamir himself and the third day I was offered the role. Once I read the script, I just loved it and there was no way I could have said no," she added.

Describing Bollywood as an industry that was saturated with one style, Dogra said that she was happy to see it changing for the better.