Monday, June 27, 2011

2NE1 "I Am The Best" Music Video; Dara Park "Dragon Ball" Inspired Hairstyle To Set Trend in Korea


K-pop girl group 2NE1 has just released their latest single “I Am the Best” which they performed for the first time on SBS “Inkigayo” last June 26.

But not only their new song that is earning numerous recognitions and high hits on Youtube, Dara Park's anime-inspired hairstyle similar to Dragon Ball’s Vegeta character where her hair has been made to stand up is also getting a lot of attention and is starting to set trend in Korea.





On her me2day account, Sandara playfully wrote on June 27 that she is now “Daragonball” because of her hairdo.

Yesterday I met Chundoong at Inkigayo! But, when I came home and watched our first performance I was worried! I always wanted to be the "pretty" noona to him but my appearance yesterday was? "Dara"gonball... Doodoong! So I asked him! "Did I...look humiliating?" And Doongie said "Nope!" while smiling at me! As expected my younger brother!!!! He's so nice!” Sandara posted according to a translation by fan site YGladies.com.

2NE1's “I Am the Best” music immediately garnered honors including the No. 3 Top Favorite video in the music category, No. 2 Top Favorite and No. 2 Top Rated video in South Korea after its day of release.

The song also tops music charts. Instiz, a music ranking site in South Korea, declared the song as a “perfect all-kill” for achieving No. 1 on various music charts including Dosirak, Cyworld and Mnet.